Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when coming into your Bloomington home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Bloomington, give them a call at 309-663-7132 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.