Winters in Bloomington can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and gloomy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are fashioned to complement your home and add warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Bloomington collection offers a different style for your Bloomington home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection offers simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that have more information on the types of wooden doors available to you at Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is best for your home? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are some things to think about:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other distinct features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door unique. You can also emphasize your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the weather in your area, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to remember that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It’s simple to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for more light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the greatest door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep them looking their best, they require routine painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your house, visit with our Pella Windows and Doors team about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Bloomington showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.