The cold season is fast approaching in Bloomington and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Bloomington winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Bloomington professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Bloomington.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Bloomington a call at 309-663-7132 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.