Fall is coming quickly in Bloomington, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Bloomington a call at 309-663-7132 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!